Easy Homemade Curtain Rice Recipe
How to make Curtain rice Recipe
For the dough:
- 2 cups flour
- Half cup water
- 1 egg
- 15 g margarine
- 2 cups of rice
- 2.5 cups chicken broth
- 300 gr chicken breast
- 1 coffee cup oil oil
- 1 onion
- 1 cup peeled almond
- 1 coffee cup currants
- 1 pinch of cinnamon each
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 30 g of softened butter at room temperature let it sit for minutes. Strain and wash with plenty of water. Put the chicken meat in the pan and add enough water to cover it.
- Add 1 pinch of salt and the remaining lemon juice and boil. Strain and separate the flesh.
- Peel the onion and chop it. Soak the currants in warm water for 5 minutes and drain. Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the onion.
- Add the rice and fry it with a wooden spoon. Add half a glass of almonds, currants, cinnamon, pepper, allspice and salt and continue roasting.
- Add chicken meat and 2.5 cups of chicken broth, close the lid and cook until the rice drains.
- For the dough, mix flour, water, eggs and margarine softened at room temperature in a deep bowl and knead. Prepare a hard dough and roll it on the floured ground with a roll of dough.
- Grease the cake mold in the middle with butter and stick the remaining almonds in a decorative way. Spread the dough on the edges with the edges outward.
- Add the pilaf and curl the sagging portions inward. Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Turn the serving plate upside down and serve. Enjoy your meal.If you wish, you can also take a look at the recipe for firik pilaf, which is Hatay’s local dish.